So, you’ve put out money for a pool in your yard. Now, you stand beside it, wondering how you are going to protect it from the elements. The immediate answer to this is a pool cover. Automatic or manual, pool covers are indispensable in the world of pool ownership and maintenance. Here are some of the reasons for purchasing one for your pool now:
- Decreases the amount of pool chemical use. Pool covers prevent irritants, spores, rainwater runoff, and possible parasites from entering the pool water. Because of this, there is no need to replenish the chemicals you already used in the pool to keep it balanced. You will reduce your chemical usage by 35 to 60 %.
- Prevents or slows down evaporation. When you leave your pool exposed outdoors, it doesn’t take long before its water level goes down. This happens because of evaporation, which doesn’t help with your water bill at all. A pool cover keeps all the water in the pool, so when you use it again, the level of water is still the same.
- Helps keep the heat in the pool. When you have a heated pool, a pool cover helps keep the pool warm after you use it. It lowers your heating bill and you are sure not to jump in a chilly or a cold pool. By the end of the day, just cover your pool, so that the pool water’s temperature doesn’t drop during the night.
- Keeps your pool area safe. With a sturdy pool cover, you are sure to keep small kids and pets from falling into the water when you’re not looking.
- Shields your pool from impurities. Without a pool cover, you will wake up to a pool filled with every kind of debris and other items that just surrounded your pool the day before. Covering your pool can save you a lot of time and headache from cleaning and sanitizing the pool again. You should spend more time swimming in your pool and less time maintaining it.
Though the best cover is an auto pool cover, other types of pool cover can help you. For more information about pool covers, talk with our helpful experts. Drop them a line at www.myfibreglasspools.com, so you can stop worrying over your pool.